The following would be some of the basic objectives for the first activities to be carried out with our learners:
- Students will be able to compose
well-written emails to their new friends.
- Students will be able to concretely
describe specific details of their lives and make predictions about
their friends' lives.
- Students will be able to use maps to
explore and analyze places.
- Students will be able to identify
similarities and differences between themselves and their friends.
- Students will be able to give specific
examples of what it means to be from a different culture.
- Students will build a relationship with a
student in another region of the world.
will engage in a collaborative learning experience. Through email
exchanges, students will build friendships and learn about the daily
lives and characteristics of the local environment of students who live
in another region of the world.
Some Essential Questions
- How is my life similar to and different
from my friends' life
- How does the natural environment where my friends lives affect his or her life?
- What effect does the culture in my friends'
region have on his or her life?