Download full PDF version with illustrations
(or visit our Twinspace)
Each school creates a team formed by:
- One teacher: manager and supervisor of the activity.
- One or more scriptwriters.
- One strip cartoonist.
- One or more translators.
Each school is provided with its own activity page in Twinspace
The first one, “Santiago de Compostela”, works a sample one.
These are the steps to be followed in your school:
1. Create the script. Pek arrives in the city/town where the school is located. He gets involved in a funny situation.
2. Taking the script as a guideline, draw a storyboard (a draft with pencil). First frame: a map of your country and a brief introduction. You can explain how Pek arrives there.
3. In Twinspace, download and print the template. It consists on an A4 page with four dashed strips and margins.
Important: Check if it was well printed
- Left and right margins: 2cm.
- Top margin: 3.1cm.
- Bottom margin: 2.5cm.
- Strip height: 5.5cm
- Space between strips: 0.6 cm.
4. Draw the comic on the template according to the storyboard. First with a pencil, and then with black ink. Don’t write any text.
5. Draw thin borders. The space between two lines must be 6 millimeters. Don’t worry about the remaining dashed lines.
6. You can use pens with different widths.
7. It’s very important to draw close up figures in order to make it easier for the students in charge of the coloring part of the process.
8. Delete the pencil remaining.
9. Scan the comic page.
· Mode: color photo.
· Resolution: 400 dpi.
· Full page, with margins.
Save it as a bitmap format.
Zip it in: city_country_BW.zip
10. Copy the file and change the size to 20%.
· There, you can write and paint as many useful instructions to be taken into account by translators, painters, etc.
· Write a number where texts must be placed.
· State where your city is in the very first frame.
Zip it in city_country_Instructions.zip
11. Write the text in your native language by means of a text editor.
Filename: city_country_language.doc (Use language suffixes)
- EN: English
- ES: Spanish
- GL: Galician
- TR: Turkish
- EL: Greek
- RO: Rumanian
- FR: French
12. Translate that file to English. You can add notes and explanations for incoming translations to different languages. You may also state the name of the translator. Filename: city_country_EN.doc
13. Run Twinspace, upload these four files into the File Archive created for your city.
14. Open the Image Gallery, upload photos of your city related to Pek’s story. They may be useful for the painters. It’s better if you use your own photos. As you may know, if you want to use any published image with copyright, permission is needed.
15. Pay attention to the Forum. Students from the other cities will use it to explain any translation doubts.
16. Search the activities about the other cities. Translate the city_country_EN.doc file into your language. Write the translator’s name. Upload the file city_country_language.doc. If you have any doubt, ask the creators in the Forum.